Safety & Risk Assessment:
- The Grey Owl Engineering Health & Safety Team and Health and Safety Management system utilizing local and international standards, experience and modern technology; safety planning, worker training, project safety monitoring and leading indicator reporting systems ensure the best in value safety performance.
- The Safety Management System is web based allowing workers virtually unlimited access to safe work practices guidelines, permits, inspection checklists and other worker training and hazard management tools.
- The Grey Owl Engineering Health and Safety Team is comprised of HSE senior management risk specialists, project planning and safety coordinators and a group of professional health and safety trainers.
- Accredited industry worker safety training includes Petroleum Industry Basic Safety Awareness, First Aid, Well Service and Blow out Prevention, Hydrogen Sulfide Safety, Ground Disturbance and Excavations, Chemical Hazards, NORM (naturally occurring radioactive materials), Asbestos abatement, Confined Space and Hot Work.
- Specialized training may be performed locally or at various international training facilities around the world including Canada, Europe and the Middle East.
Safety & Risk Assessment:
Grey Owl Engineering has the capability and experience to perform detailed safety risk assessments including
- Hazard and Operability Study (HAZOP)
- Quantitative Risk Assessments (QRA)
- Safety Integrity Level (SIL)
- Level of Protection Analysis (LOPA)
- Petroleum Safety Training (PST)
- Industry Recommended Practice (IRP #16)
- Safety Review Report
- Workplace Hazardous Material Information (WHMIS)
We have a dedicated approach to safety engineering at all stages of field development thus ensuring all potential risks are identified and protected against.
Since its inception, we have placed a strong emphasis on design safety. During project execution Grey Owl Engineering is required to identify and address those aspects of design where safety considerations are important.
- Grey Owl Engineering environment team services all aspects of environment in the oil & gas industry. Our strength lies in understanding the needs of the oil and gas industry through our close relationships with operators, regulators and industry bodies, to provide forward looking advice and innovation.
- Our team adds value through concept, design, installation, operation and decommissioning stages, and the environment skills group has a close relationship with Grey Owl Engineering and safety skills, ensuring a coherent and cost-effective service.
- Onshore (under Seveso II)
- Pipeline Risk Assessments and Major Accident Prevention Documents (MAPD)
- Identification of Safety Critical Elements and Development of Performance Standards Reliability, Availability and Maintainability (RAM) analysis
- Safety and Environmental Audits
- Implementing Safety Actions Management Systems (SAMS)